As our gaming department is, at the core, a two man team, this series of blogs will be written by both Joe and me, The Cunt. Joe has opted to have his parts highlighted in a beautiful shade of pink to differentiate between the two of us in later blogs.
This way, it will be easier for us to argue about who wrote the best bits.
The Initial Concept
RPG Maker is a very strange tool, it is powerful in one respect, but in another it is a little bit limiting. Being the industrious types that we are, we decided to ensure that we did not allow the limitations to... well, limit us. Fortunately, for what we wanted to achieve with this game, it is more than ample. While we are ambitious, we're also pragmatic. This is our first game, it won't be something as varied and huge and graphically impressive as Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto. What it will have however is a strong story, good comedy writing and interesting characters.
An Insight into the World of Foul Fantasy
Five things about the game:
1. It's a story about a whiny young man, his perverted friend and what his Uncle asks them to do.
2. The quests in it range from the serious, taking out an evil wizard who is raising the dead, to the ridiculous, fetching your Uncle's special pills because he is banned from the shop.
3. There are a lot of hidden homages to other games in there. Either in the form of characters or comments.
4. It is most definitely not for children, it is rude and crude and does not hide the fact.
5. There is more than one way to do things in the game world, more than one set of dialogue for you to unlock and the obvious way is always the most boring.
Three things about progress:
1. The game is currently very close to first playable stage. A demo will be released very soon.
2. My to do list currently comprises of the following “ 20, 21, 22, 24, 25 and 27”
3. Screenshots of gameplay are currently being released through the twitter of one of the game characters (@JaryFoulFantasy if you're interested)
One thing about me:
1. It's made me wonder why I ever stopped coding. It's made me start using the Div games studio of today, Unity, and it means that all future games will have very few limitations apart from what our brains are capable of coming up with.
Email The Cunt
A hidden face of the crew, The Cunt is main coder for the Foul Entertainment Gaming department. He is currently documenting the progress of our game, Foul Fantasy, in his dev blogs.